TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8T4e TEAM KIT 1/8 ELECTRIC TRUGGY
PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
1:8 scale off road racing is one of the hobby's most challenging disciplines; it requires a high standard and demands attention to detail. The latest development to come from Associated Electrics' Area 51 is designed to push boundaries of performance and build upon the number of accolades accumulated by the RC8 series. (See the listing of notable wins in Manuals & Setups.)
- New chassis layout featuring two saddle pack-style battery configurations. Both configurations include a centrally mounted center differential and in-line center driveshafts for superior drivetrain efficiency and equalized chassis balance.
- Four battery configurations to choose from:
- Two 2S shorty LiPo batteries for lowest CG and exceptional weight bias
- Two full size "saddle pack" LiPo batteries for lowest CG and exceptional weight bias
- One 4S shorty LiPo battery for simplified setup and more centralized weight bias
- One full size LiPo battery for simplified setup and more centralized weight bias
- Innovative front-end geometry with new 8 deg. steering blocks are paired with a new wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions
- New gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears: Front gearbox is a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Rear gearbox is a 0 deg. pinion gear angle and rear chassis brace mount.
- New front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions for all styles of truck bodies
- Front and rear center dogbone driveshafts for improved drivetrain efficiency and durability
- Front upper suspension arm updated to have bushing insert for improved fitment and performance
- New rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce, and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue
- New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear-end drivetrain parts. There are three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations and an optional turnbuckle ball for flex in more degrees of freedom.
- New rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning options
- +2 deg. steering block arms
- V3 differentials with 46T ring and 10T pinion gears for improved gear ratios
- RC8T3.2 split center diff mounts with aluminum center top plate
- 16mm shocks equipped with improved material locking spring cups and rod ends, V2 springs, "stiff" style shock bladder, combination bleeder/emulsion caps, and blue aluminum threaded collars
- RC8B3.2 narrow C and D arm mounts
Please Note: This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational such as motor and battery pack.
Please Note: Vehicle shown equipped with items NOT included in kit: All electronics, pinion gear, body, wheels, and tires. Assembly and painting required.
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 560mm (22.05in)
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
Required to Complete
- 1:8 scale electric motor
- Speed control
- LiPo battery
- Battery charger (suited for the battery mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear
- 1:8 Body
- Wheels and tires
- Lexan(R) specific spray paint for body
- 1:8 scale off-road wheels and tires
- 4x AA batteries
- Other helpful items: Silicone Shock Fluid, Silicone Diff Fluid, Body Scissors, Reamer / Hole Punch, FT Wrench Set, Hobby Knife, Needle Nose Pliers, Wire Cutters, Soldering Iron, Calipers or a Precision Ruler