TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8T4 TEAM KIT 1/8 NITRO TRUGGY
PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
1:8 scale off road racing is one of the hobby's most challenging disciplines; it requires a high standard and demands attention to detail. The latest development to come from Associated Electrics' Area 51 is designed to push boundaries of performance and build upon the number of accolades accumulated by the RC8 series. (See the listing of notable RC8 wins in Manuals & Setups.)
Please Note: This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational. Click on the Specifications link to see what extra equipment you'll need to make the vehicle operational, such as engine and battery pack.
Please Note: Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: engine, pipe and header, transponder, servos, receiver, wheels, tires, body. Assembly and painting required.
- Innovative front-end geometry with new 8 deg. steering blocks are paired with a new wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions.
- New front and rear gearbox designs are engineered for better drivetrain efficiency with reduced phasing and vibration. Larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears.
- New front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions for all styles of truck bodies.
- New material on rod ends and anti-roll bar links for improved durability.
- Front upper suspension arms updated to have bushing insert for improved fitment and performance.
- New rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment.
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce, and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue.
- New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear end drivetrain parts. There are three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations and an optional turnbuckle ball for flex in more degrees of freedom.
- New rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning options.
- Fuel tank with an ergonomically designed lid puller, high capacity, quick reference fuel markings, and 1-, 2-, and 3cc stackable volume inserts for volume adjustment at sanctioned events.
- New gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears: Front gearbox is a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Rear gearbox is a 0 deg. pinion gear angle and a center mounted rear chassis brace.
- New +2 mm and +4 mm shock rod ends for finer adjustment of droop and up-travel settings.
Power Source: Nitro Fuel
Body Style: Truck
Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 560mm (22.05in)
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
Required to Complete
- 1:8 scale nitro motor (.21 class rear exhaust engine)
- Exhaust system: muffler and header going pack, or muffler spring
- 4.8V-7.6V receiver battery
- Battery charger (suited for batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter, 2-channel receiver, throttle and steering servos
- Lexan(R) specific spray paint for body
- 1:8 scale off-road wheels and tires
- 4 x AA batteries
- Other helpful items: Silicone Shock Fluid, Silicone Diff Fluid, Body Scissor), Reamer / Hole Punch, FT Wrench Set, Hobby Knife, Needle Nose Pliers, Wire Cutters, Soldering Iron, Calipers or a Precision Ruler
- 1:8 body